For current parents, or those who are considering Jarjum College as an option for their child, we encourage you to connect with the following community organisations:
- The National Centre of Indigenous Excellence (NCIE) – the NCIE is a new hub in Redfern for the local Indigenous community and includes arts and education programs, mentoring and employment services, and a fitness and aquatic centre that Jarjum’s pupils are lucky enough to use for their swimming lessons.
- Redfern Community Centre – the Centre provides after-school care for children as well as a range of art, music, cultural and employment events, and also provides free travel to Broadway and the RPA Hospital two days a week.
- WEAVE Youth and Community Services – a community organisation that engages local indigenous young people in creative arts based programs and youth-driven initiatives
- AIME – a mentoring program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Youth
- The Story Factory – Run free creative writing and storytelling workshops for young people aged 7 to 17, particularly those from marginalised backgrounds.
- Fair Game – Runs free sport and games projects for young people aged 7 to 17, particularly those from marginalised backgrounds.
- Prince Alfred Aquatic Centre – local inner city swimming pool and aquatic training facility
- PCYC – We get young people active in life. We work with Young people to develop their skills, character and leadership. We reduce and prevent crime by and against young people